A Creative Journey with Ceramics and Mixed Media…Updated Information
YOU DON”T NEED TO HAVE YOUR OWN KILN TO MAKE THIS HAPPEN. In fact I bought one almost a year after I started selling and I know artists selling a lot that still don’t have one. You can find a ceramic store near your area that can fire your pieces for a low cost.
These projects sell for $600+ in retail
• Have you ever wanted to learn how to create a beautiful, functional art piece in ceramic?
• Did you ever dream of creating your own ceramic art?
• Have you ever asked yourself: how does a ceramic artist make and sell ceramic work for so many years through gift, décor, and art stores?
You will be learning the basic and easiest steps to create successful ceramic pieces with slabs of clay. After 20 years making ceramic works and 16 years selling them in stores in Puerto Rico, plus a few of them reproduced and sold through Avon Puerto Rico, this is the time to share. I am very excited about this new step in my creative journey!
I will be sharing my knowledge and experience with ceramic and the techniques learned through experimentation and practice during all those 20 years.
Each week, until week 6, I will teach new pieces plus a few variations, guiding you through each step with advice and tips in each one of the projects. I will also encourage and guide you through the process of creating your own ceramic design. Weeks 7 will be a Breather Week with some Demos and Interviews. Week 9 will be dedicated to decorating, painting, glazing and firing techniques. It won’t be long before you discover how easy slab ceramic is and that by using just a few new techniques, imagination and inspiration, you can build a ceramic piece designed by you.
The last week will be dedicated to reproduction techniques and processes. I will also introduce my experience selling to stores and the manufacturing experience with a few of my ceramic designs. My industrial engineering expertise will be a great tool to let you know the how to make more ceramics in less time, reducing the cost of each piece produced.
Easy to learn and quick to implement, you will be making professional looking ceramic pieces, both functional and decorative. By the end of the 10th week you should have a $600+ retail value of ceramic pieces you can show in your own space or use as a gift for that special person in your life. Your creativity will be challenged and the possibilities in for a creative business adding ceramic will bloom!
The class will include:
• Welcome videos.
• Colorful downloadable PDF with photos and step-by-step instructions for each lesson/project.
• 12 step-by-step projects from my original pieces and more than 20 project ideas.
• Over 20 sheets of printable blueprints to use in the ceramic pieces we will be creating and others you can make after the end of the course (a $60 value!)
• Quality Videos with instructions, step by step, made in my home studio and in a few spots interesting places. This will include a beautiful beach in Puerto Rico.
• Reminder emails when the classroom is updated with new materials.
• Private Group gallery to share your work and view the work of your classmates.
• Private Facebook Group message board to share your thoughts with your classmates.
• Email access to me for 10 weeks.
• Weekly Round Ups of Questions and Answers.
• Ten one-hour live chats with me for 30 participants (20 minutes sessions) through Skype. Submissions to participate will start the second week.
• Five Video Round-Up Questions and Answers with real demonstrations.
• Productivity challenges with tips and tricks to make ceramic pieces in less time. I will put my industrial engineering skills to work for to demonstrate how to minimize the time to make a piece in the event you want to make ceramic for selling purposes, especially if they are to be sold at whole sale prices.
• List of Online suppliers
• Books reference list
Module 1: October 1, 2012 – December 8, 2012, with a breather week in November
• Access to the classroom will be available until February 8, 2012.
• A course PDF will be available at the end of the class as part of the course content!
Price: Only $289……ANB THIS PRICE INCLUDES Module 2 (Information below)
This Course is For You If:
• You love to create art.
• You dream to have your own hand built ceramic designs.
• You dreamed of knowing my ceramic design process and how I make ceramic pieces that are sold in stores.
• You want to learn more about how to reproduce with less effort and less cost your own ceramic designs.
• You are deciding to apply to a ceramic curriculum in any university but you want to learn the basics of making a ceramic piece out of clay slabs.
• You want to join a community of like-minded people on a fun and inspiring creative journey in ceramic art.
• You dream of one day reproducing and selling your own hand built ceramic designs but don’t know where to start.
• You want to learn how to get inspiration to make a ceramic piece.
You will do this by actually creating more than 12 pieces in ceramic, all of them designed by me. You will also be encouraged and guided to design, develop and make your own design (with a clay slab) in a special class one day each week. Instructions will be written and in video.
• You do not need a kiln oven or a mechanical slab roller to create the ceramic pieces of this course. However, if you are planning on selling your own designs it is highly recommended to invest in a kiln and a slab roller.
• You can create all the ceramic pieces with a minimum investment of materials and tools.
Module 1 Course Content
*The Clay, which one you need.
*The Tools: commercial, nature, home made.
*How and where to seek out inspiration for your ceramic designs.
*The sketching process for ceramic art.
*How to make a blueprint to use forever and ever.
*How to make the appropriate clay slab for each design.
*How to create stamps for the ceramic design: commercial, home and nature findings, ceramic, linoleum, and more.
*How to make 12 or more of my designs, step by step…from the clay slab to the finish product assemble.
*How to turn an idea into a ceramic work.
*How to develop your signature style and use this to brand your business.
*How to work with color glazes, under glazes, some oxides, mixed colors and brands.
*Time-saving tricks to produce in less time with less cost.
*The secrets for a successful wholesale ceramic design.
*How to plan a mural with ceramic tiles created by you.
*How to start and set a ceramic studio with safety measurements included.
This class will not include:
1. Wheel Pottery classes.
2. Step by step Raku firing (a demonstration class will be provided but this is not a RAKU technique Class).
3. Pinching and coil techniques. These are very basic techniques that can be used for small or big projects. I have never used these techniques for the ceramics I sell but a list of reference books will be provided and a demonstration class.
4. Mold making, although a demonstration class will be included.
5. Except for the 20 blueprints and the PDF document, no other material will be supplied.
PLUS, the course will also include bonus demos classes on Raku firing technique, Wheel Pottery and Mold Making
PLUS behind the scenes of Elizabeth’s life as a ceramist, product designer and successful seller in stores for 16 years.
And Yes…there’s More…..
To Complete the Journey with the Mixed Media, a second module is included in the same price:
Module 2 is about the transition from ceramic to mixed media, the product development process, inspiration, the ceramic influence in my mixed media and the unlimited possibilities with equipment for making tiles, t-shirts, mouse pads, puzzles, switch plates, pillows and much more. Step by step instructions with videos and all information will be included. In addition, I will share the business aspects I have learned about how to sell them in stores.
This module will be offered in 5 weeks beginning in January with enough time to make new projects for Valentine’s Day and Mother and Father’s Day.
January 8, 2013 – February 8, 2013 for 5 weeks
Price: Included in the whole fee of $289 for the complete E-Course
• Access to the classroom will be available until April 8, 2013.
• A course PDF will be available at the end of the course!
These classes are for you if:
• You are interested in learning how to translate a ceramic design into a mixed media work and vice versa.
• You are interested in mixing multi-media with ceramics.
• You want to learn how I create my own painted papers for my original mixed media art.
• You would like to learn insider tips to getting your work into stores and make a living with it.
• You want to know the “How To” make digitized an original painting, mixed media, collage.
• You want to learn the step by step of transferring your printable art in ceramic tiles, mouse pads, puzzles, fabric, t-shirts and more using the new sublimation and chromablast technology available.
• You want to learn how to make many products out of an original work.
• You want to spark your creativity.
• You want to know the equipment I use to make different products that sell well in stores.
The 12 Plus pieces to be created in Module 1 are sold for over $600.00+ in retail in stores. PLUS …this is the very first time I will be sharing all my knowledge and my secrets of making these ceramic pieces that has been sold in very important stores in Puerto Rico for the last sixteen years, all this for And a second Module will be included with the transition to Mixed Media…..Both modules included in the same price of Just $289
The first 50 registering for will receive a surprise gift by mail!!
Fellow Flyers from KRR Lessons or 2012 HSHB Alumni: a special discount and payment options will be applied! Information and instructions will be posted in both FB groups.
Grab a Button
(two sizes available)
Small Button for a side bar in your blog
This entry was posted on Thursday, July 19th, 2012 at 3:51 pm and is filed under Sharing Simple Things. You can follow any responses to this entry through the RSS 2.0 feed. You can leave a response, or trackback from your own site.